Daylight Impact Assesments
Expert Lighting Consultants working across the UK helping deliver specialised daylight impact assessment services
Working in accordance with guidance established by the Building Research Establishment (BRE), that of which is referenced to by local authorities when determining planning applications, REC provides comprehensive daylight assessments and detailed lighting impact assessments for a multitude of sites and clients.
Our specialist lighting team hold particular expertise in Daylight, Sunlight and Overshadowing assessments across a whole host of sectors, including residential, industrial, retail and sports venues.
Using the latest modelling software, REC’s lighting consultants are able to:
- produce daylight impact assessments,
- assess the impact of natural light on existing and new receptors, and assist in ensuring that lighting standards for planning consent are met.
Daylight, Sunlight and Overshadowing Assessments
Whether you’re developing a new or existing site, large or small in scale, a daylight, sunlight and overshadowing assessment may be required by the Local Planning Authority. Any site that has the potential to impact on a receptor’s access to natural light may require a daylight assessment prior to a planning application being submitted.
A Daylight, Sunlight and Overshadowing Assessment includes:
- The use of Google SketchUp software to create visuals of the proposed development and surrounding area,
- The use of the MBS Daylight Plug-in tool to assess potential impacts at sensitive receptor locations in the vicinity of the site, and
- The production of a comprehensive package of assessment, modelling, analysis and advice, aiding the developer to meet BRE criteria