Acoustic EIA Support
Environmental Impact Assessments have been required for certain major developments since the implementation in the UK of the European Council Directive on Environmental Assessment (EC Directive 85/337/EEC).
REC Acoustics have experience in providing EIA chapters for Noise and Vibration Impacts for commercial and mixed-use developments on a variety of scales.
EIA Support Services
- Initial scoping exercise and input into an EIA scoping document
- Liaison with local planning authorities to establish and agree noise criteria and any specific requirement, monitoring and assessment methodologies
- Identification of the main noise and vibration sources during both construction and operation of the development
- Comprehensive baseline noise monitoring surveys to establish the existing noise environment
- Assessment of construction and operational noise impacts and effects
- Recommendation of mitigation measures and assessment of residual effects
- Preparation of technical evidence and reporting for input into an Environmental Statement