Resource and Environmental Consultants is a national company providing multi-disciplinary Health, Safety and Environmental Services. At our premises in Plymouth are currently looking to recruit a Trainee Asbestos Surveyor.
During the period of training the candidate will be required to work towards gaining their BOHS P402 qualification.
- Liaising on a daily basis with clients, contractors and their representatives as well as members of the public.
- To undertake management and refurbishment & demolition surveys, take bulk samples and provide clearly presented and well written site notes.
- To act within the expectations of conduct and attitude of employees in their role as ambassadors of the company.
- To be up to date with asbestos legislation, guidance and industry best practice including UKAS accreditation and quality management arrangements.
- To be up to date with relevant legislation including Health and Safety.
- To comply with the company’s quality management arrangements including participating in the quality assurance arrangements and audit programme.
- To be proactive to ensure that work is delivered on time by all areas of the business.
- Other duties as requested by the Operations Manager and Regional Director to help and support the office growth.
- To undertake training and revision in order to pass the P402 examination to then become a qualified Asbestos Surveyor.
- This position would suit someone with knowledge of the construction trades and building construction.
- All candidates must possess a full and clean UK driver’s license.
- Knowledge of computer programmes such as Microsoft Office is essential.
- Knowledge of CAD is desirable, but not essential.
- GCSE’s grade ‘C’ and above in Maths, English and Science are desirable.
- To have a flexible attitude to working hours as the nature of the job will mean unsociable working hours and work at weekends.
- The desire to maximise your potential through training and experience.
Monday to Friday 9am – 6pm with the requirement for flexibility dependent upon business requirement.