REC is currently expanding its Geo-Environmental business in the North West in response to continued growth in the region. You will be a key part of this expanding team and the role will require you to be involved in the full lifecycle of projects.
We are seeking an individual who can advise clients, design and implement suitable work programmes and has excellent written and verbal communication skills. The role will be principally office based as you will be required to support the geo-environmental lead through management of projects, checking of reports, business development and mentoring and guidance for junior staff.
You should be highly motivated, able to work under your own initiative and have a drive and ambition to contribute to the ongoing success of the business. You will be expected to have strong communication skills and be able to deal with suppliers, clients and peers effectively at all levels.
Working for REC you can expect to be part of a highly motivated team within a forward thinking aspirational business.
- Management of projects to ensure that they are delivered on time, to the desired quality and standard and within budget;
- Regular communication with the client, team members and other stakeholders to keep them up to date with the progress, status and findings of projects;
- Timely and accurate response to all client enquiries in line with the REC business vision and values;
- Communication with the northern geo-environmental lead at all times to keep them up to date with new proposals, enquiries, projects and related matters;
- Deputising for the northern geo-environmental lead during periods of annual leave or as required;
- Assisting the northern environmental lead with forecasting, invoicing and resourcing;
- Acting as a professional representative for the REC business and in doing so pro-actively promoting the REC brand and values both internally and externally;
- Support business development of the full breadth of REC services with both the existing client base and working to secure new clients over time;
- Coaching and mentoring of junior staff to support their career development and with future team expansion line management of junior staff;
- Pro-actively identifying opportunities for continuous improvement and efficient ways of working within projects and more widely across the business ensuring that this is appropriately shared with colleagues; and
- Champion for a safe working environment and commitment to REC’s Health & Safety Policies.
- BSc (Hons), MSc (Preferable) in a related subject such as Geology, Environmental Science, Contaminated Land, Geotechnics, Engineering Geology; and
- Membership of professional organization, commitment towards continuing professional development and be chartered or with a clearly defined plan to apply within the next 12 months (e.g. CGeol, C Sci, C Env or similar).
- Around 5 or more years’ experience within a similar role in a consultancy or contracting environment.
40 hours per week
We offer a range of learning and development opportunities, with all employees having access to a range of internally delivered training modules and external training as standard. We offer structured career progression, more details of which will be provided during the recruitment process. In addition to a competitive salary, we offer as a minimum: Pension scheme, Healthcare Cash Plan, Retail Discount Scheme, Cycle to Work scheme and local Reward & Recognition schemes.