REC is at an exciting stage in its evolution and this is an essential role. We are currently expanding our Geo-Environmental business in response to significant growth. You will be a part of this expanding team and the role will require you to be involved in the full lifecycle of projects.
We are seeking an individual who can advise clients, design and implement suitable work programmes and ultimately deliver geotechnical solutions to our clients’ needs.
You should be highly motivated, able to work under your own initiative and have a drive and ambition to contribute to the ongoing success of the business. You will be expected to have strong communication skills and be able to deal with suppliers, clients and peers effectively at all levels.
Working for REC you can expect to be part of a highly motivated team within a forward thinking aspirational business.
- Strong geotechnical assessment and design experience including earthworks and remediation, earth retaining structures, slope stability assessment, ground improvement/treatment works, shallow and deep foundation design, basement impact assessments;
- Experience of using geotechnical software and finite element modelling, including interpretation of results;
- Scoping of ground investigation and authorisation of geotechnical reports;
- Ability to innovate and develop in your technical area and to continually seek to improve performance in all aspects of role;
- Management of projects to ensure that they are delivered on time, to the desired quality and standard and within budget;
- Regular communication with the client, team members and other stakeholders to keep them up to date with the progress, status and findings of projects;
- Timely and accurate response to all client enquiries in line with the REC business vision and values;
- Communication with the Head of discipline to keep them up to date with new proposals, enquiries, projects and related matters;
- Assisting with forecasting and invoicing;
- Acting as a professional representative for the REC business and in doing so pro-actively promoting the REC brand and values both internally and externally;
- Support business development of the full breadth of REC services with both the existing client base and working to secure new clients over time;
- Coaching and mentoring of junior staff to support their career development and with future team expansion line management of junior staff;
- Pro-actively identifying opportunities for continuous improvement and efficient ways of working within projects and more widely across the business ensuring that this is appropriately shared with colleagues; and
- Champion for a safe working environment and commitment to REC’s Health & Safety Policies.
- Relevant technical degree e.g. civil engineering, engineering geology or other related discipline. A higher degree in geotechnical engineering, or similar, is desirable; and
- Chartered Engineer Status with a recognised engineering institutionBSc (Hons), MSc (Preferable) in a related subject such as Geology, Environmental Science, Contaminated Land, Geotechnics, Engineering Geology, etc.
- 10 or more years’ experience within a similar role in a consultancy or contracting environment.
40 hours per week
We offer a range of learning and development opportunities depending upon the role, with all employees having access to a range of internally delivered training modules and external training as standard. We offer structured career progression, more details of which can be discussed during the recruitment process. In addition to a competitive salary, we offer as a minimum: Pension scheme, Healthcare Cash Plan, Retail Discount Scheme, Cycle to Work scheme, and local Reward & Recognition schemes.