We have an exciting role for a business office administrator in our expanding Southern team due to significant success in growing our repeat business customer base and operations team to service that work.
Working in our vibrant Southern environmental consultancy team and based in our largest regional office in South Croydon, the role is to assist and support our operations team of c.22 staff based across the Winchester, Croydon and Huntingdon offices in a range of important administrative tasks to support those offices and staff in the field.
At REC an Office Administrator is a key member of the team whose work has a direct positive impact on the smooth running and delivery of our business.
You will be involved in all aspects of administration, from office duties to business administration, fleet to dealing with suppliers, and bid administration on an occasional basis.
- The business office administrator will be responsible for a wide range of tasks such as filing, answering company emails and phone calls, dealing with enquires, booking appointments and meetings, data entry and keeping track of other colleagues in the field.
- Arranging couriers
- Assisting with purchase orders where required for siteworks and for the offices
- Chasing-up timesheets and expenses
- Financial elements such as assisting with third party cost management, invoicing, liaising with accounts
- Maintaining staff and equipment records
- Monitoring vehicle checks to ensure they are being carried out
- General filing, office duties, arranging hotels, van hire
- Bid administration – managing documents on our tender library and monitoring opportunities on public sector portals
Qualifications and experience we’re looking for
- Strong organisational skills
- Strong communication skills as you will be interacting with staff, other teams and customers
- Clear and demonstrable knowledge of Microsoft (Word, Excel, Office 365) and other business systems
- Customer service oriented
- Problem solving and ability to react in a fast-paced office environment
- Ability to work autonomously with a hands-on practical approach
- Confident and dynamic personality
Working hours, location and line report
This role is based over Monday to Friday, 9am – 5.30pm with flexibility as needed, including that required to meet the needs of the business. Travel between the offices may very occasionally be required. The role is based in REC’s South Croydon office (REC Ltd, Capital Business Centre, 22 Carlton Rd, South Croydon CR2 0BS). The role will report to the Associate Director in our Land South business who is also based in South Croydon.
What you’ll get from us
We offer a range of learning and development opportunities tailored to the role. We offer structured career progression, more details of which can be discussed with you during the recruitment process. In addition to a competitive salary, we offer as a minimum: Pension scheme, Healthcare Cash Plan, Retail Discount scheme, Cycle to Work scheme, Childcare Vouchers, Discounted Gym membership rates and local Reward & Recognition schemes.
More about REC Ltd
Resource Environmental Consultants Ltd (REC) is an independent, multi-disciplinary UK environmental consultancy providing in a comprehensive range of environmental and risk management services. With over 20 years’ experience and 130 staff, REC delivers environmental solutions nationally from eight offices across the UK. REC provides technical expertise in both the built and natural environment across a variety of sectors – from public sector bodies and housing associations, to major developers and industry. The Concept Group in turn is now part of Spectris PLC, a FTSE 250 listed international business. www.recltd.co.uk.