REC Ltd is the environmental sciences consultancy arm of the Concept Life Sciences Group, a major science led business which itself is part of Spectris PLC. REC has evolved significantly in the past five years to become a truly national environmental consultancy player, supported by a highly motivated team. We are at the next exciting stage of our growth and are therefore looking for a hands-on motivated Marketing Manager to join our vibrant business.
REC is looking for a practically-minded, full time Marketing Manager to support the growth of the business and develop and deliver the REC marketing plan using marketing expertise and experience across the all aspects of the marketing mix. As an integral part of the REC business development and wider operational team – and with the support of the wider Concept marketing team – you will drive forward and implement the marketing plan for REC.
Main Duties to
- Develop and implement REC’s marketing plan (in conjunction with REC’s BD Director and support from Concept’s Group Head of Marketing) in line with REC objectives/business plan.
- Liaise closely with the BD Director, Operations and wider REC team to develop and deliver effective marketing campaigns to support REC sales generation.
- Create and develop content for REC digital & social media, SEO and website, e-shots, and PPC.
- Prepare and publish a wide range of online and print marketing material.
- Manage, deliver and attend REC events e.g. client events, seminars, exhibitions and networking events.
- Manage brand standards in all marketing communications and materials.
- Deliver effective internal communications to ensure all relevant colleagues are kept informed on progress of marketing activities and gather inputs / feedback as needed.
- Create and present monthly marketing report(s) to the senior team.
- Act as REC’s point of contact with key external business and networking organisations and manage these relationships / memberships.
- Monitor and report on the effectiveness of marketing activity and return on investment.
- Manage the marketing budget to ensure cost-effective marketing delivery.
- Work closely with 3rd party agencies e.g. PR, branding/design and print agencies.
- A B2B marketing professional with extensive experience.
- CIM Professional Marketing Qualification(s) or similar.
- Clear and demonstrable marketing experience working across the full marketing communications mix with knowledge of both online (including SEO) and offline marketing.
- Ability to work autonomously with a hands-on practical approach to deliver marketing activities on time and within budget.
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Photoshop), Social Media (LinkedIn, Twitter), Google Analytics, Website CMS (WordPress), Microsoft (Word, Excel, Office365).
- Confident and dynamic personality with good communication skills
- Strong creative outlook and approach.
- Ability to evaluate, monitor and review results with a focus on delivering return on investment.
- Works collaboratively at all management levels – ability to build a network of internal contacts is essential.
Working hours and location
This is role is based over Monday to Friday 9am – 5.30pm with flexibility as needed including that required to meet the needs of the business. UK travel is involved in the role.
The role could be based in any of REC’s UK offices however Manchester, Croydon, Winchester, Huntingdon are preferred. REC is also seeking to open a London office at some stage and so this could be an option going forward.
What you’ll get from us
We offer a range of learning and development opportunities dependent upon the role. We offer structured career progression, more details of which can be discussed during the recruitment process. In addition to a competitive salary, we offer as a minimum: Pension scheme, Share Incentive scheme, Salary Sacrifice scheme, Healthcare Cash Plan, Retail Discount scheme, Cycle to Work scheme, Childcare Vouchers, Discounted Gym membership rates and local Reward & Recognition schemes.
More about REC Ltd
Resource Environmental Consultants Ltd (REC) is an independent, multi-disciplinary UK environmental consultancy providing in a comprehensive range of environmental and risk management services. With over 20 years’ experience and 130 staff, REC delivers environmental solutions nationally from eight offices across the UK. REC provides technical expertise in both the built and natural environment across a variety of sectors – from public sector bodies and housing associations, to major developers and industry. The Concept Group in turn is now part of Spectris PLC, a FTSE 250 listed international business. www.recltd.co.uk
REC is at the next exciting stage in its growth. With the backing of Concept and Spectris we are planning our next stage of growth over the next 3-5 years and our market strategy, presence, reputation, client engagement and services promotion are key to that growth.