LOCATION: Croydon / Daventry / Manchester
We are seeking an ambitious individual who can advise clients, design and implement suitable work programmes and has excellent written and verbal communication skills. In your role, you will be required to lead the existing small team through delivery and management of ecological projects, business development, as well as the management, mentoring and guidance of junior staff.
You should be highly motivated, able to work under your own initiative and have a drive and ambition to contribute to the ongoing success of the business. You will be expected to have strong communication skills and be able to deal with suppliers, clients and peers effectively at all levels.
Working with over 250 colleagues within REC and Ensafe you can expect to be part of a highly motivated team within a forward thinking aspirational business with plans for expansion.
- Delivery and management of a range of ecological projects in various business sectors, to the desired quality and standard and within budget including specialist species surveys, preliminary ecological assessment, ecological impact assessment, habitats regulations assessment, EPS licensing, design of mitigation, monitoring and biodiversity enhancement;
- Management of the Ecology team nationally with coaching and mentoring of junior staff to support their career development;
- Undertake business development activities, including preparation of bids and proposals, marketing and client development;
- Regular communication with clients, team members and other stakeholders to keep them up to date with the progress, status and findings of projects;
- Assisting with business forecasting, invoicing and resourcing;
- Pro-actively identifying opportunities for continuous improvement and efficient ways of working within projects and more widely across the business;
- Act as a professional representative for the REC business and in doing so pro-actively promoting the REC brand and values both internally and externally; and
- Champion for a safe working environment and commitment to REC’s Health & Safety Policies.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Around 10 or more years’ experience within a similar role in a consultancy or contracting environment;
- Honours degree and/or post-graduate qualification in ecology or a related biological/environmental science discipline;
- Membership of CIEEM; and
- At least one European Protected Species licence (Class 2 bats would be highly desirable)
- Full-time, 40 hours per week
- Expectation to travel nationally depending on business needs