As a Graduate Geo-Environmental Consultant, you will be part of REC’s busy multi-disciplinary consultancy team, as well as provide support to the wider Geo-Environmental team throughout the UK. Your role within the team will allow for the development of a technical understanding of both geotechnical and environmental aspects enabling the successful candidate to achieve a broad awareness of the geo-environmental industry. You would take part in projects from start to finish ranging from site work such as land gas and groundwater monitoring through to input on factual and interpretive reports. You should be highly motivated, able to work under your own initiative, with drive and ambition to contribute to the ongoing success of the business. You will be expected to have strong communication skills and be able to deal with suppliers, clients and peers effectively at all levels.
This role will be based at the Manchester office of REC.
- Support the delivery of projects to ensure that they are delivered on time, to the desired quality and to the necessary standard.
- Regular communication with the REC Project Manager to keep them fully up to date at all stages with the progress, status and findings of all project work.
- Maintains clear project records and documentation.
- Ability to work as part of a team including the management of sub-contractors as necessary.
- Acting as a professional representative for the REC business and in doing so promoting and representing the REC brand and values both internally and externally.
- Monitoring and sampling of ground gases, groundwater and surface water at clients sites across the UK.
- Presentation of factual reports for fieldwork monitoring results.
- Supervision of drilling and trial pitting activities across the UK subject to completing internal training programme.
- Scheduling of contamination and geotechnical analysis.
- Development of Phase I and Phase II Geoenvironmental reports.
- Supervision of land and groundwater remediation operations.
- You will be required to undergo training in all aspects of the work with which you are not yet familiar.
- BSc (Hons), MSc (Preferable) in a related subject.
- Able to manage own projects from initial proposal to final invoice.
- Proficiency in data analysis and interpretation.
- Experience of business development/marketing would be advantageous.
- Demonstrable experience of project management and client liaison.
- A well-regarded team player able to develop a good rapport with both clients and colleagues.
- Excellent written and communication skills.
- Hold a clean Full driving license.
- 40 hours per week.
- Monday to Friday 9am – 5:30pm with the requirement for flexibility dependent upon business requirement
We offer a range of learning and development opportunities depending upon the role, with all employees having access to a range of internally delivered training modules as standard. In our science based roles we offer structured career progression, more details of which can be discussed during the recruitment process. In addition to a competitive salary, we offer as a minimum: Pension scheme, Healthcare Cash Plan, Retail Discount Scheme, Cycle to Work scheme, Childcare Vouchers, Discounted Gym membership rates and local Reward & Recognition schemes.