As part of its continued growth and development, REC is expanding its Ecology business and looking for an enthusiastic and commercially focused Graduate / Consultant to join the Ecology team in the South.
In your role, you will carry out ecological field survey work, desk studies, report writing, stakeholder consultations and support the Ecology lead in the South with project management and business development. You should be highly motivated, able to work under your own initiative and have a drive and ambition to contribute to the ongoing success of the business. You will be expected to have strong communication skills and be able to liaise effectively with clients, colleagues and subcontractors at all levels.
Due to the seasonal nature of ecology work, there will be opportunities to widen your experience and assist other technical teams within REC.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Field surveys, desk study, consultation and reporting for Preliminary Ecological Appraisals and phase 2 species and habitat surveys;
- Support the delivery of Ecology projects to the desired quality and standard and within budget;
- Communication with the REC Ecology Team Lead to keep them fully up to date at all stages with the progress, status and findings of all project work;
- Pro-actively identifying opportunities for continuous improvement and efficient ways of working within projects and more widely across the business;
- Acting as a professional representative for the REC business and in doing so promoting and representing the REC brand and values both internally and externally; and
- Commitment to REC’s Health & Safety, Environmental and Quality Policies.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Honours degree and/or post-graduate qualification in ecology or a related biological/environmental science discipline.
- Graduate / Associate member of CIEEM
- Experience in phase 1 and protected species surveys;
- Protected species licence (e.g. GCN, bats) would be advantageous but not essential; and
- Full, clean driving licence.
Location and Working Hours
- Winchester, Croydon or Bishop’s Stortford; other locations considered.
- Full time, 40 hours a week.
- Out of normal office hours working, as necessary.
- Expectation to travel throughout the UK.
We offer a range of learning and development opportunities depending upon the role, with all employees having access to a range of internally delivered training modules as standard. In our science based roles we offer structured career progression, more details of which can be discussed during the recruitment process. In addition to a competitive salary, we offer as a minimum: Pension scheme, Healthcare Cash Plan, Retail Discount Scheme, Cycle to Work scheme, Discounted Gym membership rates and local Reward & Recognition schemes.