Resource and Environmental Consultants (REC) is a multi-disciplinary consultancy, specialising in a comprehensive range of environmental services, inspection, regulatory and risk management. With over 20 years’ experience in the property and construction industry, REC delivers environmental solutions from eleven local offices throughout the UK and Ireland. REC provide technical expertise in both the built and natural environment across a variety of sectors – from large government agencies and major developers, to public sector bodies and housing associations.
As a Graduate Air Quality Consultant, you will be part of REC’s busy multi-disciplinary consultancy team in the North, as well as provide support to the wider Air Quality team throughout the UK. You should be highly motivated, able to work under your own initiative, with drive and ambition to contribute to the ongoing success of the business. You will be expected to have strong communication skills and be able to deal with suppliers, clients and colleagues effectively at all levels. You will be joining a busy and diverse team where projects range from small, single source dispersion modelling studies, through complex, multi-source industrial impact assessments to air quality impact assessments of major residential developments. Undertaking air quality assessments mainly in support of the land development and industrial sectors, you will be involved in all aspects of project management and client liaison.
- Undertaking air quality assessments and support the delivery of projects to ensure that they are delivered on time, to the desired quality and to the necessary standard.
- Tender and proposal preparation.
- Dispersion modelling of roads and point sources using ADMS.
- Processing of data analysation and data interpretation.
- Preparation of reports, both factual and interpretative.
- Presentation of factual reports for fieldwork monitoring results.
- Regular communication with the REC air quality team to keep them fully up to date at all stages with the progress, status and findings of all project work.
- Ability to work as part of a team including the management of sub-contractors as necessary.
- Acting as a professional representative for the REC business and in doing so promoting and representing the REC brand and values both internally and externally.
- BSc (Hons), MSc (Preferable) in a related subject such as Atmospheric Science or Environmental Sciences or a related subject.
- Experience of air quality consultancy / modelling / GIS software would be advantageous.
- Able to manage own projects from initial proposal to final invoice.
- Proficiency in data analysis and interpretation.
- Knowledge of standard methodologies for assessment of roads, industrial and dust emissions.
- Experience of business development/marketing would be advantageous.
- Demonstrable experience of project management and client liaison.
- A well-regarded team player able to develop a good rapport with both clients and colleagues.
- Excellent written and communication skills.
- Hold a clean Full driving license
- Monday to Friday 9am – 5:30pm with the requirement for flexibility dependent upon business requirement
We offer a range of learning and development opportunities depending upon the role, with all employees having access to a range of internally delivered training modules as standard. In our science based roles we offer structured career progression, more details of which can be discussed during the recruitment process. In addition to a competitive salary, we offer as a minimum: Pension scheme, Healthcare Cash Plan, Retail Discount Scheme, Cycle to Work scheme, Childcare Vouchers, Discounted Gym membership rates and local Reward & Recognition schemes