LOCATION: Croydon / Winchester
It’s a very exciting time for the business with major ambition for growth across the business. The role will require the individual to take part in projects from start to finish ranging from supervision of ground investigation activities through to input on factual and interpretive reports.
Your role within the team will allow for the development of technical understanding of both geotechnical and environmental aspects enabling the successful candidate to achieve a broad awareness of the geo-environmental industry.
You should be highly motivated, able to work under your own initiative, with drive and ambition to contribute to the ongoing success of the business. You will be expected to have strong communication skills and be able to deal with suppliers, clients and peers effectively at all levels.
- Ensure health and safety is managed appropriately;
- Support and manage the delivery of projects to ensure that they are delivered on time, to the desired quality and to the necessary standard;
- Field work including supervising sub-contractors, collecting soil, groundwater and gas samples, field logging and data collection;
- Support the delivery of projects to ensure that they are delivered on time, to the desired quality and to the necessary standard;
- Support preparation of fee proposals;
- Regular communication with the REC Project Manager to keep them fully up to date at all stages with the progress, status and findings of all project work;
- Maintaining clear project records and documentation;
- Acting as a professional representative for the REC business and in doing so promoting and representing the brand and values both internally and externally;
- Development of Phase I and Phase II Reports.
- BSc (Hons), MSc (Preferable) in a related subject;
- 1 years+ experience;
- Understanding of contaminated land assessment and/or geotechnical engineering;
- Contaminated land risk assessment experience desirable;
- Technical report writing experience;
- Understanding of CDM regulations;
- Proactive approach and able to work under own initiative;
- Ability to work within a team;
- Good numerical skills;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Attention to detail;
- Full Clean Driving Licence; and
- Proficient use of Microsoft Office Suite
- BSc (Hons), MSc (Preferable) in a related subject.
40 hours per week