REC is currently expanding its Geo-Environmental business in the North West in response to significant growth in the region. You will be a part of this expanding team and the role will require you to be involved in the full lifecycle of projects. This will typically include site investigation, environmental sampling, gas and groundwater monitoring and input to factual and interpretive reports.
Your role within the team will allow you to development your technical understanding in environmental and geotechnical aspects of site investigation and interpretation and the successful candidate will ultimately receive a broad understanding of the geo-environmental sector.
You should be highly motivated, able to work under your own initiative and have a drive and ambition to contribute to the ongoing success of the business. You will be expected to have strong communication skills and be able to deal with suppliers, clients and peers effectively at all levels.
Working for REC you can expect to be part of a highly motivated team within a forward thinking aspirational business.
- Support the delivery of projects to ensure that they are delivered on time, to the desired quality and to the necessary standard;
- Regular communication with senior team members to keep them fully up to date at all stages with the progress, status and findings of all project work;
- Maintains clear project records and documentation;
- Ability to work as part of a team including the management of sub-contractors as necessary;
- Acting as a professional representative for the REC business and in doing so promoting and representing the REC brand and values both internally and externally;
- Supervision of drilling and trial pitting activities across the UK subject to completing an internal training programme;
- Monitoring and sampling of ground gas, groundwater and surface water at sites principally in the northwest;
- Scheduling of samples for environmental and geotechnical analysis;
- Preparation of factual reports based upon fieldwork monitoring results;
- Development of Phase I and Phase II Geo-Environmental reports; and
- Supervision of land and groundwater remediation operations.
- BSc (Hons), MSc (Preferable) in Geological Sciences, Environmental Geology, Environmental Science or a related subject. Previous experience as part of a placement is desirable.
- Full UK driving licence
40 hours per week
We offer a range of learning and development opportunities depending upon the role, with all employees having access to a range of internally delivered training modules as standard. In our science based roles we offer structured career progression, more details of which can be discussed during the recruitment process. In addition to a competitive salary, we offer as a minimum: Pension scheme, Healthcare Cash Plan, Retail Discount Scheme, Cycle to Work scheme, Childcare Vouchers, Discounted Gym membership rates and local Reward & Recognition schemes.