Resource Environmental Consultants Ltd (REC) is an independent, multi-disciplinary UK environmental consultancy specialising in a comprehensive range of environmental, inspection, regulatory and risk management services. With over 20 years’ experience and 120 staff, REC delivers environmental solutions nationally from eleven local offices throughout the UK. REC provides technical expertise in both the built and natural environment across a variety of sectors – from large government agencies and major developers, to public sector bodies and housing associations.
As an Ecologist Consultant, you will be part of REC’s busy multi-disciplinary consultancy team in the North, as well as provide support to the wider Ecology team throughout the UK. Working within the established northern consultancy team, you will also work alongside corporate teams including Business development, Marketing and HSEQ.
Main Duties to:
- Manage and oversee ecology projects.
- Write reports and technical review work.
- Advise clients on ecological aspects relating to their schemes – including mixed use and residential developments, minerals/waste projects, infrastructure and energy projects.
- Prepare fee proposals, liaising with clients, and converting into fee earning work.
- Considerable and demonstrable ecological expertise, preferably from within the consultancy sector, with experience of protected species survey and licencing.
- Experience in managing ecological input to development projects of all scales across a range of sectors and working with other environmental disciplines.
- Demonstrable experience of project management and client liaison.
- Qualified to degree level or higher in a relevant field of Ecology, Natural Sciences or a related subject.
- Associate or higher member of CIEEM.
- A well-regarded team player able to develop a good rapport with both clients and colleagues.
- Ability to understand the business environment of consultancy with particular regard to, ecology and be commercially astute.
- Full driving license.
- Licences for protected species surveys, particularly great crested newt and bats
- Monday to Friday 9am – 6pm with the requirement for flexibility dependent upon business requirement
We offer a range of learning and development opportunities depending upon the role, with all employees having access to a range of internally delivered training modules as standard. In our science based roles we offer structured career progression, more details of which can be discussed during the recruitment process. In addition to a competitive salary, we offer as a minimum: Pension scheme, Healthcare Cash Plan, Retail Discount Scheme, Cycle to Work scheme, Childcare Vouchers, Discounted Gym membership rates and local Reward & Recognition schemes.