You will have a proven track record in project management, field work and technical reporting. This office has a strong emphasis on cross-selling our other specialist environmental services and thus a good understanding of environmental consultancy is essential.
- Support the delivery of ecology projects to ensure they are delivered on time, to the desired quality and standard.
- Assist with business development, tender writing and client development.
- Undertake a range of ecological surveys including habitat surveys and protected species surveys as well as performing ecological clerk of works duties on active construction sites.
- Preparation of factual and interpretative reports.
- Provide day to day support to the Ecology Services team
- Degree and / or a post graduate qualification in a relevant discipline.
- Membership of CIEEM, ideally full member of near to achieving full membership status.
- Applicants with at least one European Protected Species license, particularly Class 2 bats or great crested newts, would be highly desirable.
- Knowledge of the licensing process and mitigation implementation.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with ability to build and maintain effective relationships.
- Proven experience of clerk of works roles would be highly desirable.
Monday to Friday 9am – 5.30pm with flexibility to meet business requirements.
We offer a range of learning and development opportunities depending upon the role, with all employees having access to a range of internally delivered training modules and external training as standard. In our science based roles we offer structured career progression, more details of which can be discussed during the recruitment process. In addition to a competitive salary, we offer as a minimum: Pension scheme, Healthcare Cash Plan, Retail Discount Scheme, Cycle to Work scheme, Childcare Vouchers, Discounted Gym membership rates and local Reward & Recognition schemes.