Resource Environmental Consultants Ltd (REC) is the environmental consultancy arm of the Concept Life Sciences Group. REC is an independent, multi-disciplinary UK environmental consultancy specialising in a comprehensive range of environmental, inspection, regulatory and risk management services. With over 20 years’ experience and 120 staff, REC delivers environmental solutions nationally from 8 offices across the UK.
REC provides technical expertise in both the built and natural environment across a variety of sectors – from major developers and industry, to public sector bodies and housing associations. Asbestos management services are a significant part of REC’s business. As part of the continued growth of our Asbestos services in Scotland, an excellent opportunity has become available for a dynamic sales and business development professional to join the Asbestos Team based in our East Kilbride facility near Glasgow.
It’s a very exciting time for REC Ltd with major ambition for growth across the business. REC has a strong Asbestos business with surveying, monitoring, laboratory and project management services provided by Glasgow, Manchester, Stansted and Plymouth. Our East Kilbride (Glasgow) facility provides all asbestos services across Scotland and also features our wider environmental and analytical services.
We’re looking for a results-driven sales representative to actively seek out and engage customer prospects. You will provide complete and appropriate asbestos solutions for every customer in order to boost top-line revenue growth, customer acquisition/retention levels and profitability. You should be highly motivated, able to work under your own initiative, with drive and ambition to contribute to the ongoing success of the business.
You will work closely with our Scotland Asbestos services team, the Operations Manager as well as the Operations Director in the execution of your role, as well as the wider REC environmental business and sales colleagues in Concept Analytical Services. You will report to REC’s Business Development Director, with support from our marketing and administration team.
- Present, promote and sell REC’s asbestos services using solid propositions to existing and prospective customers.
- Generate opportunities with new clients in existing & new sectors, retain existing clients & reinvigorate lapsed ones.
- Establish, develop and maintain positive business and customer relationships.
- Reach out to customer leads through cross-selling, networking and cold calling.
- Expedite the resolution of customer problems and complaints to maximize satisfaction and revenue.
- Achieve agreed sales targets and outcomes within schedule. • Coordinate sales effort with team members and other departments.
- Analyse the local market’s potential, customer needs, competitive activities, and potential for new products and services.
- Track sales and report progress.
- Cross-sell REC’s other environmental services where appropriate and likewise those of the wider Concept Group.
- Proven work experience in sales.
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office.
- Familiarity with CRM practices along with ability to build productive business professional relationships.
- Highly motivated and target driven with a proven track record in sales.
- Excellent selling, communication and negotiation skills. • Prioritising, time management and organisational skills.
- Ability to create and deliver presentations tailored to the audience needs.
- Relationship management skills and openness to feedback.
- Previous Asbestos and/or Risk Management industry experience would be an advantage but not a prerequisite. Training in our Asbestos services will be provided.
Monday to Friday 9am – 6pm with the requirement for flexibility dependent upon business requirement.
We offer a range of learning and development opportunities depending on the role, with all employees having access to a range of internally delivered training modules as standard. In our science based roles we offer structured career progression, more details of which can be discussed during the recruitment process. In addition to a competitive salary, we offer as a minimum: Pension scheme, Healthcare Cash Plan, Retail Discount scheme, Cycle to Work scheme, Childcare Vouchers, Discounted Gym membership rates and local Reward & Recognition schemes.