Resource and Environmental Consultants (REC) is a multi-disciplinary consultancy, specialising in a comprehensive range of environmental services, inspection, regulatory and risk management. With over 20 years’ experience in the property and construction industry, REC delivers environmental solutions from eleven local offices throughout the UK and Ireland. REC provide technical expertise in both the built and natural environment across a variety of sectors – from large government agencies and major developers, to public sector bodies and housing associations.
Fantastic opportunity to join the Asbestos team as a Bulk Analyst based in our Manchester site. The Bulk Analyst will undertake sample analysis of bulk materials and the delivery of reports to clients on time in line with REC IMS and HSG248. This will be inline with all commercial objectives and practices at Resource and Environmental Consultants.
- Responsible for the undertaking sample analysis of the various types of bulk materials.
- Produce and complying and quality assessment reports and ensure reports are delivered to the clients.
- Ensure all associated paperwork are completed, checked and given to associated office in a timely manner.
- Ensure all equipment used within calibration, making sure all equipment is given to DQM for calibration prior to expiry.
- Undertake daily quality checks.
- Maintain impartiality, integrity, and independence throughout all tasks and objective.
- Effectively communicating with Laboratory and Operation Managers.
- Communicating with clients.
- Attend target and review meetings as required.
- To act as spokesman for REC, communicating effectively with the other members of Asbestos Team and Operations Managers.
- Assessment of work performed in terms of risk management and to ensure working practices and operations are safe. Ensure this inline with Asbestos Quality Manual and REC IMS.
- Ensure that all necessary quality records are completed and made available for regular internal review by a member of Quality or Management team. This would include all contract reviews documents, equipment registers, and job files.
- Develop and nurture clients relationships, handling of enquires and assist with the production of tenders.
- Proactively promoting all areas of the REC business to our existing and future client base including identifying cross-selling opportunities for the wider business.
- BHOS P401 and meet minimum experience for the testing being conducted and undergo a satisfactory authorisation audit.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Full time – 40 hours per week with flexibility required to meet the needs of the business.
We offer a range of learning and development opportunities depending upon the role, with all employees having access to a range of internally delivered training modules as standard. We offer structured career progression, more details of which can be discussed during the recruitment process. In addition to a competitive salary, we offer as a minimum: Pension scheme, Healthcare Cash Plan, Retail Discount Scheme, Cycle to Work scheme, Childcare Vouchers, Discounted Gym membership rates and local Reward & Recognition schemes. A car or car allowance would be provided.