REC Asbestos are industry leading specialists and one of the few asbestos consultancies to individually own and operate UKAS accredited testing laboratories. REC are UKAS accredited to ISO17020 (inspection) and ISO17025 (testing). Due to the growth of REC Asbestos we have a fantastic opportunity for an individual to join the Asbestos team as an Asbestos Surveyor to undertake asbestos surveys in line with REC IMS and HSG264 and all related commercial objectives and practices.
- Responsible for undertaking Management, Refurbishment, Demolition and Re-inspection of Surveys of Domestic, Commercial and Industrial properties.
- Compiling and quality assessing reports
- Ensure the delivery of reports to clients on time
- Ensure unbiased and accurate information is given to clients to assist them in effectively managing their Asbestos
- Ensuring personal air monitoring is undertaken at least once per month
- Ensure all equipment used is within calibration,. Making sure all equipment is given to DQM for calibration prior to expiry
- Undertaking re-surveys and quality assurance works as required
- Maintain impartiality, integrity and independence throughout
- Effectively communicating with Line/Operations Manager and clients (where appropriate)
- Attend target and review meetings as required
- To act as a spokesperson for REC, communicating effectively between the other members of the Asbestos Team and Operations Managers
- Assessment of work performed in terms of risk management and to ensure working practices and operations are safe and in line at all times with the Asbestos Quality Manual and REC IMS
- Ensure that all the necessary quality records are completed and made available for regular internal review by a member of the Quality or Management team. This includes all contract review documents, equipment registers and job files.
- Develop and nurture client relationships, handling of enquiries and assist with the production of tenders
- Proactively promoting all areas of the REC business to our existing and future client base including identifying cross selling opportunities for the wider business
Key Role KPI’s:
- Timely communication of relevant information to the Operations Manager
- Working at all stages in line with the REC IMS
- Participate in internal quality checks as required
- Assist with the internal quality checks as required
- BOHS P402 and meet the minimum experience requirements for the testing being conducted and undergo a satisfactory authorisation audit.
- High level interpersonal skills.
- Full clean driving licence.
- IT Literate.
Monday to Friday 9am – 6pm with the requirement for flexibility dependent upon business requirement