Resource and Environmental Consultants (REC) is a multi-disciplinary consultancy, specialising in a comprehensive range of environmental services, inspection, regulatory and risk management. With over 20 years’ experience in the property and construction industry, REC delivers environmental solutions from eleven local offices throughout the UK and Ireland. REC provide technical expertise in both the built and natural environment across a variety of sectors – from large government agencies and major developers, to public sector bodies and housing associations.
REC Asbestos are industry leading specialists and one of the few asbestos consultancies to individually own and operate UKAS accredited testing laboratories. REC are UKAS accredited to ISO17020 (inspection) and ISO17025 (testing). Due to the growth of REC Asbestos we have a fantastic opportunity for an individual to join the Asbestos team as an Asbestos Surveyor or Asbestos Analyst. The role involves undertaking four-stage clearances, personal, background, reassurance, perimeter, leak and static air monitoring and the delivery of reports to clients on time in line with REC IMS and HSG264 and all related commercial objectives and practices.
- Produce and Compile reports, ensuring they are delivered promptly to the client.
- Responsible for the undertaking management, refurbishment, demolition and re-inspection Surveys of domestic, commercial and industrial properties.
- Assessment of work performed in terms of risk management and to ensure working practices and operations are safe and in line at all times with the Asbestos Quality Manual and REC IMS.
- Ensure all equipment used is within calibration, making sure all equipment is given to DQM for calibration prior to expiry.
- Ensure all associated paperwork is completed, checked and given to the associated office in a timely manner.
- Ensure that all the necessary quality records are completed and made available for regular internal review by a member of the Quality or Management team. This includes all contract review documents, equipment registers and job files.
- Develop and nurture client relationships, handling of enquiries and assist with the production of tenders.
- To act as spokesperson for REC, communicating effectively with the other members to the Asbestos Team and Operations Managers.
- Maintain impartiality, integrity and independence throughout.
- Effectively communicating with Line/Operations Manager.
- Proactively promoting all areas of the REC business to our existing and future client base including identifying cross-selling opportunities for the wider business.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience
- BOHS P402, P403 and P404 and meet the minimum experience requirements for the testing being conducted and undergo a satisfactory authorisation audit
- High level of attention to detail.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Team player.
Monday to Friday 9am – 6pm with the requirement for flexibility dependent upon business requirement.
We offer a range of learning and development opportunities depending on the role, with all employees having access to a range of internally delivered training modules as standard. In our science based roles we offer structured career progression, more details of which can be discussed during the recruitment process. In addition to a competitive salary, we offer as a minimum: Pension scheme, Healthcare Cash Plan, Retail Discount scheme, Cycle to Work scheme, Childcare Vouchers, Discounted Gym membership rates and local Reward & Recognition schemes.