To provide account management for our major clients/accounts across our Planned business on a national basis in order to manage and deliver clients expectations, generate maximum revenues and long-term relationships. Manage programme volumes, resourcing needs and technical report administration and report this to the Head of Asbestos. In addition to undertake Business Development across the UK to identify new clients, generate new business, enhance the reputation and brand of REC and to operate at all times in line with the REC IMS/QM and all related commercial objectives and practice.
Main Duties to:
- To provide account management support nationally for all our major clients, frameworks and accounts.
- Nurture and develop excellent customer relationships and understand and plan how to respond to and meet the demands of the clients
- Generate maximum revenues through these client relationships and by, for example, encouraging the early release of programmed survey works
- Understand and manage programme volumes, resourcing needs and technical report administration in order to meet client KPI’s and SLA’s – and ensure that the data is maintained in Synergist
- Liaise with the Operations Manager for reactive services to ensure follow on air testing works are maximised and resourced accordingly and in a timely manner.
- Day-to-day line management of the Manchester Technical Support team and operations team including site staff, administration and resource to ensure that all account management objectives are satisfied, that sufficient appointments are made and reports generated to meet the survey requirements of the Planned business – and that we have no reporting backlog
- Ensure utilisation across the team is maximised in a fair and sufficient manner to increase turnover against salaries
- Report and propose increased or reduced headcount within the team to ensure maximum GP multiplier is monitored
- Input and control over the appointments of the survey teams working on client specific accounts in order to ensure that the works are planned and delivered to the client’s specification
- Management of all enquiries from the client and their supply chain, organising and/or the delivery of training as required and ensuring that the project management database/register are up to date
- Check with the operational leads that all re-inspections are planned and managed appropriately and report status to the Head of Asbestos
- Identify new clients, new opportunities, additional asbestos services, networking to associated businesses, etc and bringing them to fruition
- Ensure that audits of the survey team are undertaken on a regular basis in order to monitor performance
- Report progress against agreed KPI’s both weekly and monthly
- Pick up and quote on web and other enquiries, performing site visits/customer meetings where required (with the relevant technical assistance) to increase REC’s proposal win-rate
- Visit targeted prospects across the UK to promote REC and develop relationships with them prior to tenders being issued and working in conjunction with the Bid team in order to increase REC’s tender success rate
- To continually seek to improve working methods and operations to provide a better client service and/or greater efficiencies in line with the REC IMS
- Acting as an ambassador for the REC business and in doing so pro-actively promote the REC brand and values both internally and externally to our existing and future client base – including identifying cross selling opportunities for the wider business
Key Role KPI’s
- Line management of staff including annual appraisals
- Timely reporting of all KPI’s and business performance as agreed to the Head of Asbestos
- Maximise revenues and the weekly updating of data within Synergist
- Retention of clients as demonstrated through ongoing business, framework/contract renewal and through positive client feedback
- Management of activities in line with the REC IMS and QM
- Mentoring and coaching of the team to deliver technically and commercially and in line with operational practices and policies
- Proven asbestos experience – with P405 or S301 or W405 written qualifications as a minimum
- Significant experience of managing high volume survey accounts
- Excellent listening, negotiation and presentations skills
- Confident and persuasive manner
- Excellent organisation and time management skills
- Excellent communication skills with people at all levels – both written and verbal
- Good business acumen – and the ability to make sound decisions
- Passionate and driven to achieve the desired targets
- In depth industry experience and knowledge
- Clean driving licence
- Experienced in the use of Tracker (or equivalent) and of business management systems
- 40 hours per week, Monday to Friday 9am – 5.30pm.
We offer a range of learning and development opportunities depending upon the role, with all employees having access to a range of internally delivered training modules as standard. In our science based roles we offer structured career progression, more details of which can be discussed during the recruitment process. In addition to a competitive salary, we offer as a minimum: Pension scheme, Healthcare Cash Plan, Retail Discount Scheme, Cycle to Work scheme, Childcare Vouchers, Discounted Gym membership rates and local Reward & Recognition schemes.