It is a very exciting time for REC Ltd with major ambition for growth across the business. We are seeking a geo-environmental/brownfield redevelopment consultant who can advise clients, design and implement suitable work programmes and has excellent written and verbal communication skills.
The role is directed towards a self-motivated individual with the ability to work under their own initiative as well as part of a team. The candidate will have a keenness and desire to develop themselves professionally, form an integral part of REC’s Land Team, have excellent communication skills and be comfortable dealing with suppliers, clients and colleagues at all levels.
Working for REC you can expect to be part of a highly motivated team within a forward thinking aspirational business.
- Delivery of projects to ensure that they are delivered on time, to the desired quality and standard and within budget.
- Project management under the overall direction of the Line Manager.
- Regular communication with the client, the line managers and other stakeholders to keep them up to date with the progress, status and findings of all project work.
- Timely and accurate response to all client enquiries in line with the REC business vision and values.
- Communication with the appropriate line manager at all times to keep them up to date with new proposals, enquiries, projects and related matters.
- All aspects of project management including project invoicing.
- Assisting and supporting the line manager with project WIP status, pipeline forecasting on an ongoing basis.
- Acting as a professional representative for the REC business and in doing so pro-actively promoting the REC brand and values both internally and externally.
- Support business development activity with both the existing client base and to secure new clients.
- Coaches and mentors junior staff to support their career development.
- Pro-actively identifies opportunities for continuous improvement and efficient ways of working within projects and more widely across the business ensuring that this is appropriately shared with colleagues.
- Communicating effectively with colleagues throughout the business to share resources, technical knowledge and generally support all forms of business activity.
- BSc (Hons), MSc (Preferable) in a related subject such as Geology, Environmental Science, Contaminated Land, Geotechnics, Engineering Geology.
- Membership of professional organization, commitment towards continuing professional development and be Chartered / nearly Chartered (e.g. as C Sci, C Env, C Geol or similar).
- Substantial experience within a similar role in a consultancy or contracting environment.
- 40 hours per week.
We offer a range of learning and development opportunities depending upon the role, with all employees having access to a range of internally delivered training modules and external training as standard. In our science based roles we offer structured career progression, more details of which can be discussed during the recruitment process. In addition to a competitive salary, we offer as a minimum: Pension scheme, Healthcare Cash Plan, Retail Discount Scheme, Cycle to Work scheme, Childcare Vouchers, Discounted Gym membership rates and local Reward & Recognition schemes.