Air Quality Assessment Services
REC specialise in providing Air Quality Assessments in support of planning applications and were involved in over 120 successful determinations throughout the UK in 2013.
Having supported sites in difficult locations, such as adjacent to major motorways and close to sewage treatment works, we have experience of helping our clients overcome their air quality constraints to release the sites development potential.
Our comprehensive air quality services include:
- Assessment in support of planning applications
- Air Quality Environmental Impact Assessment (EIA)
- Dispersion Modelling Assessments of road and industrial emissions
- Odour Assessment
- Emission Inventories
- Local Air Quality Management (LAQM) Review and Assessment services
- Environmental Permitting Application Support
- Dust and Odour Management Plans
- Construction Environmental Plans (CEMPs)
- Scoping Studies
- Human Health Risk Assessment of dioxin and heavy metal emissions
- H1 and DMRB Screening Assessments
- Peer Reviews
- Expert Witness
- Habitat Regulations Assessments
We are happy to look at any air quality issue you may be facing and provide free initial advice on the best way of solving the problem. So please do not hesitate to contact your local office or contact us online.
Who needs an Assessment?
Assessments are being requested in support of an increasing number of planning applications, both at the pre-application and post-submission stages. These require the consideration of whether sites are suitable for the proposed use, or to determine whether a development will cause significant air quality impacts at sensitive locations. Specifically referenced within the National Planning Policy Framework, air quality issues can be a material planning consideration and have led to the refusal of consent for a wide range of schemes.
Your Local Experts
We know that you want an Air Quality Assessment that is accepted by the Local Authority first time and minimises your input as far as possible. That’s why we:
- Offer assessment scopes and budgets to suit any development type, from individual houses to major international infrastructure schemes
- Use the latest dispersion modelling software and assessment techniques to provide accurate and reliable results
- Tailor our programme to suit you – with the will to assign resources and complete projects in days, rather than weeks when necessary
- Provide fixed fee projects, with no unexpected surprises when it comes to the invoice
- Have nationwide coverage, with local knowledge supported by regional technical centres
- Ensure our Air Quality Consultants are fully qualified and committed to continued professional development
As with all of REC’s services, you can be sure of professional, cost effective solutions for any air quality assessment you may require. Whether in support of a planning application or for regulatory compliance, our local Air Quality Consultants can deliver a bespoke air quality assessment tailored to your exact needs.