REC Ltd is delighted to announce that after seven days of external auditing, ISOQAR have recommended the REC group for certification against the international management standards ISO 9001:2008, 14001:2004 and OSHAS 18001:2007.
The audits consisted of an exhaustive inspection of REC’s Health, Safety, Environment and Quality Management systems.
The registration will last for three years. During this time, all the offices and divisions of REC will be audited both internally and externally to ensure these high standards are continuously upheld.
Associate Director of HSEQ, Paul Owen, said, “This certification not only brings external recognition to the group but also unlocks significant commercial opportunities.”
Mr Owen added, “The recommendation gives clients further assurances on REC’s reputation for excellence, quality of service and the efficiency of our business processes.”
The certification extends all of the REC Group’s nationwide services. These include; asbestos consultancy services,contaminated land investigation and remediation, geotechnical design and assessment, design and installation of renewable energy systems, corporate environmental health and safety services, ecology, acoustics, air quality impact assessments, stack emissions monitoring and workplace monitoring assessments.
ISO 9001:2008 is a Quality Management System (QMS) which ensures that REC
- Consistently provides products that meets customer needs;
- Complies with legal requirements;
- Enhances customer satisfaction.
ISO 14001:2004 is an Environmental Management System (EMS) which ensures that REC:
- Does not cause pollution.
- Complies with environmental legislation and applicable technical guidance.
- Demonstrates continual reduction of our environmental impact and better manages the way the environment impacts on REC.
OHSAS 18001:2007 is a Health and Safety Management System (HSMS) which ensures that REC:
- Plans for hazard identification, risk assessment and risk control.
- Has clear structure and responsibility.
- Provides training, awareness and competence.
- Consults and communicates.
- Has operational controls.
- Plans for emergencies.
- Measures, monitors and improves health and safety performance.