Resource & Environmental Consultants (REC) is a national, multi-disciplinary environmental consultancy with over 20 years’ experience in environmental, regulatory and risk management services. With over 120 staff based throughout the UK, REC provides technical expertise in both the built and natural environment across a variety of sectors – from public sector bodies and housing associations, to major developers and retailers. REC’s Asbestos consultancy is a significant part of our business with a network of accredited offices and laboratories servicing customers UK-wide through a series of major contracts and frameworks.
Resource and Environmental Consultants is a national company providing multi-disciplinary Health, Safety and Environmental Services. At our premises in Media City, Manchester and Braintree, Essex we are currently looking to recruit two Trainee Asbestos Analyst.
During the period of training the candidate will be required to work towards gaining their BOHS P403 and P404 qualifications.
Main Duties to:
- Liaise on a daily basis with clients, contractors and their representatives as well as members of the public.
- To learn how to become proficient in air monitoring and fibre counting to the BOHS standards and working within REC’s Quality system and Integrated Management System.
- To act within the expectations of conduct and attitude of employees in their role as ambassadors of the company.
- To become knowledgeable in asbestos legislation, guidance and industry best practice including UKAS accreditation and quality management arrangements.
- To become knowledgeable in relevant legislation including Health and Safety.
- To comply with the company’s quality management arrangements including participating in the quality assurance arrangements and audit programme.
- To be proactive to ensure that work is delivered on time by all areas of the business.
- Other duties as requested by the Operations Manager and Regional Director.
- To undertake training and revision in order to pass the P403/4 examinations to then become a qualified Asbestos Analyst.
- This position would suit someone with knowledge of the construction trades and building construction.
- All candidates must possess a full and clean UK drivers license.
- Knowledge of computer programmes such as Microsoft Office is essential.
- Knowledge of CAD is desirable.
- GCSE’s grade ‘C’ and above in Maths, English and Science are desirable.
- To have a flexible attitude to working hours as the nature of the job will mean unsociable working hours and work at weekends.
- The desire to maximise your potential through training and experience.
- Full time.
We offer a range of learning and development opportunities depending upon the role, with all employees having access to a range of internally delivered training modules as standard. In our science based roles we offer structured career progression, more details of which can be discussed during the recruitment process. In addition to a competitive salary, we offer as a minimum: Pension scheme, Healthcare Cash Plan, Retail Discount Scheme, Cycle to Work scheme, Childcare Vouchers, Discounted Gym membership rates and local Reward & Recognition schemes.