REC is looking for someone who has experience of the Asbestos industry, and is committed to driving improvement. Reporting to the IMS Manager, the person must be proactive, meticulous and an excellent communicator with experience within the Asbestos industry. The role involves maintaining, monitoring and reporting on the management system ensuring compliance and continual improvement. The role is based in our Manchester office with regular UK wide travel.
- Continually promote a positive Quality and Health & Safety culture within the organisation.
- Collaborative with Technical and operational colleagues to continually improve our systems in line with best working practice, regulation, legislation and business strategy.
- Undertake and maintain system and witness audits in line with the management system.
- Work with the Operations Directors and the Regional Operations Managers to ensure that our services are operated and delivered in accordance with the Quality Manual.
- Contribute to regular inter-office quality/technical meetings to aid consistency throughout the organisation.
- Co-ordinate required UKAS activity and deliverables, ensuring that any actions are recorded and communicated effectively and in a timely manner.
- Communicate the status of the management system to the IMS Manager via monthly report and regular meetings.
- Maintenance of all internal and external proficiency testing scheme records and monitoring of any improvement and corrective actions.
- Acting as a conduit, in consultation with the Technical Director and Technical Managers, for regulatory/legislative/compliance/guidance/best practice updates for the business.
- Acting as an ambassador for the REC business and in doing so pro-actively promoting the REC brand and values both internally and externally.
- Communicating effectively with colleagues throughout the business to share resources, technical knowledge and generally support all forms of business activity.
Skills and Experience
- BOHS P401/2/3/4 or working towards.
- Significant experience in asbestos testing and consultancy.
- Excellent knowledge of the ISO 17020/17025 quality systems, their implementation and management.
- Extensive knowledge and experience of asbestos testing and consultancy as well as business operations.
- Sound understanding of clients’ needs
- Strong influencing and negotiation skills
- Robust project and programme management capability
- Adept at coaching and mentoring team members
- Full clean driving licence.
What We Offer
We offer a range of learning and development opportunities depending on the role, with all employees having access to a range of internally delivered training modules as standard. In our science based roles we offer structured career progression, more details of which can be discussed during the recruitment process.
In addition to a competitive salary, we offer as a minimum: Pension scheme, Healthcare Cash Plan, Employee Savings scheme, Cycle to Work scheme, Childcare Vouchers, Discounted Gym membership rates and local Reward & Recognition schemes.