It is a very exciting time for REC Ltd with major ambition for growth across the business. A key part of the role therefore, as well as delivering projects, will be assisting to build a sustainable and growing client base in East of England/East Midlands and North London areas. Working with REC’s Business Development Director, the Southern Regional Director and the Head of Ecology, you will liaise with and manage our existing and former clients and help to create relationships with new ones. You will therefore need proven business development and client management experience as well as sound and commercial technical delivery. Having local client connections would be a benefit, as well as being a recognised ‘name’ in the region.
Key aspects of the role will be:
- Management and delivery of projects to clients on time and within agreed budgets and in line with the REC IMS and all related commercial objectives and practice.
- The day to day project management of Geo-Environmental site investigations and other projects completed by the team, preparing the interpretative geo-environmental and geotechnical reports and be involved with client and regulatory liaison.
- Regular communication with clients to keep them up to date with the progress, status and findings of all project work.
- The review or proposals and reports and support on projects and works from other parts of the business as the need and situation arises.
- Timely response to all client enquiries and acting as a professional representative in line with the REC business values and vision.
- Developing and nurturing client relationships.
- Assisting and supporting the Regional Director with all project invoicing, WIP status, pipeline management on an ongoing basis including all monthly, quarterly and annual outputs.
- Support business development activity with both the existing client base and to secure new clients and proactively promote all areas of the REC business to existing and future client base
- Building a land team in the Alconbury/Bishop Stortford office and the subsequent coaching and mentorship of junior staff to support their career development
- Communicating effectively with colleagues throughout the business to share resources, technical knowledge and support all forms of business activity
- You will be expected to undertake both office based and site based work where your level of experience is required for project delivery with a clear understanding of their business and solutions required to meet both their immediate and future business needs.
Key Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The successful candidate is likely to have a minimum of ten years’ experience and hold a relevant chartership with a recognised professional body.
- For the role, you will need to demonstrate good experience of design, planning and delivery of contaminated land desk studies, site investigations, risk assessment (qualitative and quantitative) methodologies and remediation projects of various contaminated land scenarios.
- A good understanding of current UK environmental regulation is required, with experience of CLEA, P20 and RBCA would be preferred.
- Excellent computer and report writing skills are expected.
- Excellent communication skills.
- A proven desire and aptitude to undertake business development and create client relationships.
The successful candidate will work alongside and in cooperation with, our highly experienced team of Geotechnical Engineers, Environmental Scientists and Geo-Environmental Specialists working on projects throughout the UK.