Resource Environmental Consultants Ltd (REC) is an independent, multi-disciplinary UK environmental consultancy specialising in a comprehensive range of environmental, inspection, regulatory and risk management services. With over 20 years’ experience and 120 staff, REC delivers environmental solutions nationally from eleven local offices throughout the UK. REC provides technical expertise in both the built and natural environment across a variety of sectors – from large government agencies and major developers, to public sector bodies and housing associations.
As a Graduate Ecologist Consultant you will be part of REC’s busy consultancy team in the North, as well as provide support to the wider ecology team throughout the UK. You should be highly motivated, able to work under your own initiative, with drive and ambition to contribute to the ongoing success of the business. You will be expected to have strong communication skills and be able to deal with suppliers, clients and colleagues effectively at all levels including Business development, Marketing and HSEQ.
- Support the delivery of projects to ensure that they are delivered on time, to the desired quality and to the necessary standard.
- Ensure to have regular communication with the Ecology Team Lead on all stages with the progress, status and findings of all project work.
- Undertaking and leading protected species surveys and mitigation projects.
- Preparation of fee proposals, liaising with clients, and converting into fee earning work.
- Acting as a professional representative for the REC business and in doing so promoting and representing the REC brand and values both internally and externally.
- BSc (Hons), MSc (Preferable) in a related subject such as Ecology, Natural Sciences or a related subject.
- Graduate or higher member of CIEEM (Charted Institute of Ecology and Environmental Management).
- Demonstrates ecological expertise, preferably from within the consultancy sector, with experience of protected species survey and licencing.
- Demonstrate experience of report writing or transferable skills for report writing.
- A well-regarded team player able to develop a good rapport with both clients and colleagues.
- Holds a minimum of one Natural England Licence for protected species surveys, particularly great crested newt and bat.
- Holds a full driving license.
- Monday to Friday 9am – 6pm with the requirement for flexibility dependent upon business requirement
We offer a range of learning and development opportunities depending upon the role, with all employees having access to a range of internally delivered training modules as standard. In our science based roles we offer structured career progression, more details of which can be discussed during the recruitment process. In addition to a competitive salary, we offer as a minimum: Pension scheme, Healthcare Cash Plan, Retail Discount Scheme, Cycle to Work scheme, Childcare Vouchers, Discounted Gym membership rates and local Reward & Recognition schemes.