REC Asbestos are industry leading specialists and one of the few asbestos consultancies to individually own and operate UKAS accredited testing laboratories. REC are UKAS accredited to ISO17020 (inspection) and ISO17025 (testing).
To undertake asbestos surveys in line with REC IMS and HSG264 and all related commercial objectives and practices.
- Responsible for the undertaking Management, Refurbishment, Demolition and Re-inspection. Surveys of Domestic, Commercial and Industrial properties.
- Compiling and quality assessing reports.
- Ensure the delivery of reports to clients on time.
- Ensure unbiased and accurate information is given to clients to assist them in effectively managing their Asbestos.
- Ensuring personal air monitoring is undertaken at least once per month.
- Ensure all equipment used is within calibration, making sure all equipment is given to DQM for calibration prior to expiry.
- Undertaking re-surveys and quality assurance works as required.
- Maintain impartiality, integrity and independence throughout.
- Effectively communicating with Line/Operations Manager and clients (where appropriate).
- Attend target and review meetings as required.
- To act as spokesperson for REC, communicating effectively between the other members to the Asbestos Team and Operations Managers.
- Assessment of work performed in terms of risk management and to ensure working practices and operations are safe and in line at all times with the Asbestos Quality Manual and REC IMS.
- Ensure that all the necessary quality records are completed and made available for regular internal review by a member of the Quality or Management team. This includes all contract review documents, equipment registers and job files.
- Develop and nurture client relationships, handling of enquirers and assist with the production of tenders.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience
- BOHS P402 and relevant experience within the Domestic, Commercial and Industrial.
- High level interpersonal skills.
Monday to Friday 9am – 6pm with the requirement for flexibility dependent upon business requirement.
We offer a range of learning and development opportunities depending on the role, with all employees having access to a range of internally delivered training modules as standard. In our science based roles we offer structured career progression, more details of which can be discussed during the recruitment process. In addition to a competitive salary, we offer as a minimum: Pension scheme, Healthcare Cash Plan, Retail Discount scheme, Cycle to Work scheme, Childcare Vouchers, Discounted Gym membership rates and local Reward & Recognition schemes.