Resource Environmental Consultants Ltd (REC) is an independent, multi-disciplinary UK environmental consultancy specialising in a comprehensive range of environmental, inspection, regulatory and risk management services. With over 20 years’ experience and 120 staff, REC delivers environmental solutions nationally from eleven local offices throughout the UK. REC provides technical expertise in both the built and natural environment across a variety of sectors – from large government agencies and major developers, to public sector bodies and housing associations.
As part of its continued growth within the South, an excellent opportunity is available for a dynamic graduate to join the Land Team based in the Alconbury office in Huntingdon.
It’s a very exciting time for REC Ltd with major ambition for growth across the business. The role will require the individual to take part in projects from start to finish ranging from site work such as land gas and groundwater monitoring through to input on factual and interpretive reports.
Your role within the team will allow for the development of technical understanding of both geotechnical and environmental aspects enabling the successful candidate to achieve a broad awareness of the geo-environmental industry.
You should be highly motivated, able to work under your own initiative, with drive and ambition to contribute to the ongoing success of the business. You will be expected to have strong communication skills and be able to deal with suppliers, clients and peers effectively at all levels.
Working for REC you can expect to be part of a highly motivated team within a forward thinking aspirational business.
- Support the delivery of projects to ensure that they are delivered on time, to the desired quality and to the necessary standard;
- Regular communication with the REC Project Manager to keep them fully up to date at all stages with the progress, status and findings of all project work;
- Maintains clear project records and documentation;
- Ability to work as part of a team including the management of sub-contractors as necessary;
- Acting as a professional representative for the REC business and in doing so promoting and representing the REC brand and values both internally and externally;
- Monitoring and sampling of ground gases, groundwater and surface water at clients sites across the UK;
- Presentation of factual reports for fieldwork monitoring results;
- Supervision of drilling and trial pitting activities across the UK subject to completing internal training programme;
- Scheduling of contamination and geotechnical analysis;
- Development of Phase I and Phase II Geoenvironmental reports;
- Supervision of land and groundwater remediation operations;
- You will be required to undergo training in all aspects of the work with which you are not yet familiar.
- BSc (Hons), MSc (Preferable) in a related subject.
40 hours per week
We offer a range of learning and development opportunities depending on the role, with all employees having access to a range of internally delivered training modules as standard. We also offer structured career progression, more details of which can be discussed during the recruitment process. In addition to a competitive salary, we offer as a minimum: Pension scheme, Healthcare Cash Plan, Employee Savings scheme, Cycle to Work scheme, Childcare Vouchers, Discounted Gym membership rates and local Reward & Recognition schemes.